>

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

NO CARDS

I have never written about myself in my blog as I am really a very private person and putting personal stuff on a blog scares me - but then there's probably tons of personal info about everyone on the web that I don't even know about.  Besides I am suffering from card making withdrawal big time, in addition this being a very crazy week.

Last Thursday I drove to Fargo, ND (7 1/2 hrs.) so I could attend my grandson's graduation from NDSU.  A fun, happy, sad day - the end and the beginning for Matthew.  He graduated magna cum laude with a double major in landscape architecture/urban design and has a fabulous job in Baltimore, MD starting in mid-June. Katherine is on the faculty at NDSU so hence she's in cap and gown also.

John, Katherine, Matthew, me
Since the graduation I have been helping Kath and John pack their house as they will be moving to Texas where Kath has accepted a teaching position at UT-Arlington.  I think this is about the 14th time I've helped her move starting with moving into a dorm her first year of college.  This has to be the last time - I ache in all sorts of new places!!

Then I had to include this picture of my youngest grandchild, Katie - she is 13 and 5'11 and is a volleyball player as well as her 15 year old sister Anna.  They live in England, but are coming to the states this summer for a volleyball camp at the University of Minnesota - can't wait to see them play.  How about those legs???


So instead of making cards this week, I've been buying some new stamps I couldn't resist - bought the new daisy stamp set from Altenew and also the new floral kit from MFT - hope they will have arrived by the time I get home.  

Well, Kath is up and soon will put me to work - yesterday I packed 14 boxes of books among other things - have been sleeping very well at night!!!

Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs, 

17 comments:

  1. Now that is beyond being a good mom--don't forget the Ibuprofen--haha! What a beautiful family photo, Betty & such an accomplishment for your grandson! Wow--I can't imagine moving so many times, although I lived a lot of places before I started first grade. Don't think I helped much with the moves & my mom must have been thrilled to finally stay put! Can't wait to see what you make with your new goodies--I've held off on adding Altenew to my stash & I didn't let myself get that kit. Still too much unused stuff around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news about your family. Congratulations to all!!! Hey, maybe you don't need to do all that packing.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun to see some family photos, Betty! You must be so proud!! And remember to call when you come to MN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post Betty. Looks like you are keeping busy. Congratulations to your grandson! Hope you don't get too many aches, they take a bit longer to go away as we get older. And, lest I forget...Happy Birthday early. I hope you have a mailbox stuffed with greetings when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful family Betty and all so talented! You must be so very proud!! Thank you for sharing a little of your life with us, it's lovely to get these intimate little glimpses into the lives of our 'blogging buddies'. Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful photo, Betty. And big congrats to your grandson! I'm sure you'll love having your granddaughters here in the states if even for just a little while. Sounds like you'll have some fun new goodies to look forward to when you arrive home. That new MFT kit was very tempting, but I'm cleaning out stuff and not letting myself get "too much" of anything new for now. Hope the aches and pains from moving let up soon! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful photo, Betty. And big congrats to your grandson! I'm sure you'll love having your granddaughters here in the states if even for just a little while. Sounds like you'll have some fun new goodies to look forward to when you arrive home. That new MFT kit was very tempting, but I'm cleaning out stuff and not letting myself get "too much" of anything new for now. Hope the aches and pains from moving let up soon! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Betty. Congrats to your grandson on his honours and graduation. Sounds like you're really busy helping with packing and moving. Hope it all goes smoothly for everyone. And thanks for sharing the picture of your youngest granddaughter ... yep, those are long legs! :) How exciting that you'll get to spend some time with them this summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are blessed with a wonderful, bright, talented family. I too have youngsters in London. You are lucky yours are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing, proud mother and grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing, proud mother and grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to know what is happening in your world, Betty. You must be so proud of the achievements from your offspring! I know how it must be not so easy dealing with more moving and being away from the kids/grand-kids. The "comfort" (sad for us oldies/grownups) is that they are having a great beginning in their lives and we must stay happy for them and for ourselves. And oh my...those long legs, I can only dream for my next life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to hear your news, Betty and congratulations to your grandson. I still remember seeing Katie and Anna in France when they came to pick you up. They are way taller now! Safe journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have much to be proud of...congratulations to your family and you. When you come to see your grand daughters, I'd be proud to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your family and to you... I understand very well, why you are so proud

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Betty, you must be exhausted! And, then the long drive home!!! Congrats to your handsome grandson...I wish him all the best on his new job ~ Such an exciting time for him!
    I'm looking at those long legs on your granddaughter...WOW! I think they were made for volleyball! You surely have been blessed with a lovely family! Sending hugs...I hope you got home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing, Betty! How wonderful that you'll get to see your grand-daughters this summer! And congratulations to your grandson!
    I bought the MFT Flowers kit, too.... I got it yesterday, but haven't had time to open it yet... ;) Can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!